Flower

Flower

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Welcome!

Hello! I'm Brittany Wassmer and I'm delighted to share Biltmore Inspirations with YOU! Biltmore Estate is an American treasure and I love all that it represents! Their legacy is built on hospitality, quality, teamwork, leadership, integrity, profitability, authenticity and community service. Id like to invite you to join us as a customer, host or consultant. We are making history and this is just the beginning! Come join in this journey with me!

After multiple visits to the Asheville area, George Vanderbilt fell in love with the scenery and climate so much that he decided to create his own summer estate in the area, which he called his "little mountain escape". The Biltmore was completed in 1895 when George Vanderbilt opened his new home to family and friends for Christmas in Asheville, NC. It boasts 250 rooms in 135,000 square feet, 75 chefs and sits on 8,000 acres of which 75 acres are luxuriously landscaped gardens, and the nation’s most visited winery. The Biltmore opened up to the public as a museum in 1956, and has 900,000 visitors each year. The gardens were designed by Fred Olmstead who was the architect for Central Park in NY City. Richard Morris Hunt was the architect for the Biltmore Estate. His resume includes buildings at Yale, Harvard, Lady Liberty’s pedestal and the Metropolitan Museum of Art.


As I add notes to this blog my goal is to share with you my new journey as a consultant for this BRAND NEW company. I am excited to be a part of the start of this business and watch it grow from the ground up. I plan to share new recipes as I explore the world of the Biltmore's chef-inspired food.

No comments:

Post a Comment