Flower

Flower

Friday, September 23, 2011

Crispy Chicken Parsley Pilaf


A delicious dinner idea. I was watching the Today show yesterday morning and got the idea for the rice. The chicken I added myself, but needless to say, it was a new dish for me all around. I will call this one...."Crispy Chicken Parsley Pilaf." My husband, who loves rice pilaf and does not like wilted green things really enjoyed this dish. I questioned all the ingredients but I trusted a professional chef. Turns out, he knew what he was talking about! The entire dish took about 30 minutes to prepare and almost 3 minutes to eat.

Rice Pilaf:
1 box rice pilaf. Prepare as instructed.
Each herb should be added liberally, about 1/2 -1 cup each. Make sure these are fresh greens, not the dried spices.
*Parsley
*Basil
*Chives
*Mint
Add 1 cup chicken stock to cooked rice and then add all greens. Allow greens to cook in rice.

Chicken:
6 chicken tenderloins (they should be thin so that frying is quick)
Approx. 2 cups oil (I used Olive Oil so that it was "healthy")
1-2 cups flour
1-2 cups bread crumbs (I had Italian bread crumbs, or you could add Biltmore Inspirations' Garlic Basil seasoning to crumbs)
2 eggs beaten
*Take each tenderloin and cover in flour. Then dip in egg and finally cover in bread crumbs. Place chicken in oil and let fry for 2-3 mins each side. Check chicken to make sure it is done. Place fried chicken on top of rice pilaf and devour!

A great wine pairing with this dish would be Biltmore's Chardonnay.

No comments:

Post a Comment