Flower

Flower

Friday, September 16, 2011

Breakfast for Champions

Good Morning! My mornings usually start with a hot cup of coffee and some quiet "mommy time" before the day gets started. I am up before the children and the sun rises (now that it's Fall anyway). I don't like to get up early, but I receive more benefits from having this quiet time before the noises of the day start. And because my babies are, well, still babies, sometimes this quiet time gets cut short. One thing I NEVER skip out on is my breakfast. First, I love food too much, but I am also very hungry in the morning and there's no reason to not eat! With my new sauces, spices and syrups that come from Biltmore Inspirations breakfast has never been tastier and more fun to make. I like to experiment with new ideas and then enjoy them. I am definitely more of a "chef" than a "baker." It has been said that cooking is an art and baking is a science. I am better at throwing a dash of this and a dash of that in my food to see how it tastes. If you do that with baked goods you mostly end up with disasters! Either way, here's a few ideas on how to start your day with quick and delicious meals.

Summer Salsa Scramble:
2 Tbs Summer Salsa seasoning
2 eggs (or 3 egg whites)
*Mix eggs and seasoning together and scramble in a skillet. For cheese lovers, add cheese. For a little spice, use a dash of the Blazin' Hot Southern Salt from Biltmore Inspirations.

Wild Pancakes:
1/2 cup Wild Blackberry syrup or Praline syrup
*Prepare pancakes (or waffles) as you desire (either via box mix or homemade). Warm 1/2 cup of the syrup and pour over hot 'cakes! Deelish! Garnish with fresh fruit  and pecans if desired.

*NOTE* These syrups can be used for a multitude of things. For example, I recently topped some lemon squares with the Wild Blackberry syrup and it was amazing! I bet the Raspberry syrup would be just as good. The Praline syrup is also great in coffee or as an extra dash of flavoring in your cookie recipes. More ideas to come!

1 comment: