Flower

Flower

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Spring in my steps

There are many reasons why I love Spring. For one, it marks the end of winter! In Colorado, it still snows up until the summer months, but the days are longer, the sun shines a bit warmer and the flowers start to emerge from their wintery hibernation. 
Another reason I love Spring is because I believe Easter is my favorite holiday. As a child I've always loved Easter, especially he egg hunts! Perhaps I was just born with a "scavenger hunt" type spirit, a seek-and-find style of heart. If you ever read a headline in the newspaper that says "Woman rushes past kids, pushing them down, during egg hunt" - that's me! Ha! Well, I hope not, but sometimes I feel that's just how much I love Easter!


Another great reason for my love of Easter, now as an adult, is because I understand that without Easter, Christmas wouldn't matter at all! The resurrection of Christ on the cross is the "finish" of His sacrifice. Christ was born, yes, and indeed He lived. And then He died. When He rose from the dead He was declaring victory over the rule of sin. With His resurrection we now are not only forgiven of our tainted record of self-attempted righteousness, but are now given a new record of perfect obedience. If Christ had only died and not risen, this would mean that we have the ability to be forgiven but would have to live perfectly from that moment on. This is impossible. When Christ rose, this meant that we now have His record of perfect obedience!
He is Risen! 

As summer approaches I often think of what I will do with all that time and sunshine. Spring and summer bring many birthdays about in my family. Memorial day, 4th of July, and the kids birthday's are all examples of everything I begin to plan for. Water parks, picnics, camping and BBQ's are all part of the fun.  Planning for them can be a hassle, but now that I have ideas given to me from the Biltmore Inspiraitions' catalog, meal plans and plenty of wonderful serving dishes, platters and decor, I am ready! And excited! 




As someone who lives in Colorado, anything that reminds me of mountain living makes me feel, well, at home. The thought of a fireplace makes me go "ahhhhhhhhhhh." Colors of nature usually inspire my home decor. Of course, as the seasons change, so does my inspiration.There really is nothing better than the idea to me than of a warm, cozy cottage home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment