Flower

Flower

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Oatmeal Pie Crust Cookies

Have you ever searched your kitchen high and low to find something, anything, to make? Well, I do this all the time. We recently finished off any chocolate items in our house, so the other day as I was craving a sweet item I emptied my cupboards and came up with a plan! I had a box of Biltmore Inspirations' Oatmeal Pie Crust mix, so my wheels began turning. I figured if I could add a couple eggs and some sugar I might be able to make some sort of cookie. Turns out, with all the extra stuff I had, I made some great cookies! And it was so easy!

Cookies are served on the Fifth Avenue Circle Tray

Okay, so here's what I did: 
1 Box Oatmeal Pie Crust
1/2 cup butter (or shortening - which is what I had)
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup butterscotch chips
1/3 cup chocolate chips (the chips were all I had, leftover from previous baking days)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Mix all ingredients together until well blended. you could even add vanilla or almond extract if desired. Roll into 2 inch balls and set 2 inches apart on cookie sheet. Bake 18-20 minutes until slightly brown on top. Done! Makes about 18 cookies.

1 comment:

  1. These look fabulous! I'm all about using up what you have in the cupboard.
    As you just may have heard before,"Waste not, want not"!

    ReplyDelete