Flower

Flower

Monday, May 14, 2012

Gourmet Mother's Day


I ventured up to my parents house for the whole day yesterday, which was Mother's Day. My father had prepared a wonderful meal for me and my own mum. He had marinated steaks, baked sweet potatoes, shrimp, slice watermelon and and array of cheese and crackers. For a sweet treat he made these beautiful chocolate covered strawberries! He did the dipping and decorating himself. I was definitely full all day long.




My little kids came with me and spent the day playing with Nana and Papa. They played so hard that Ryan fell asleep on the way home (rare) and both are still a little cranky this morning. A nice relaxing day filled with naps sounds like a good idea.

My mother has collected some of the Biltmore Inspirations' dishes including the Olmsted Collection and the Lotus Leaf Bowls and Platter. It made for some beautiful decor, and perfect for serving the strawberries!



The colors on this platter are just spectacular! As the lighting in your house changes, so do the highlights on these dishes. I had fun playing photo shoot just because I don't have these dishes yet!

1 comment: