Flower

Flower

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Latest creations and shin-digs

You didn't think I'd post pictures of food I've prepared with a glass of wine, did you? Ha! The other night I had a great, delicious and HEALTHY(ish) meal. First, I made a Quinoa salad. Did you know it's pronounced Keen-wah? I didn't. Anyway, the salad contained chopped onion, tomatoes, cucumber, black beans, corn, cilantro and lime juice. It was very good. Then, the really healthy part came from Papa Murphy's: the Chicken Mediterranean deLight pizza. This contained garlic, olive oil, chicken, spinach and sun dried tomatoes. That too tasted quite awesome. All this was accompanied by the ambiance of my little candle in the little lantern (Courtyard Collection) and of course my Easter birdy.





On the left you will see a DEELISH dessert. I call it "Lemon Raspberry Squares." Original, I know. I simply used a box recipe for the lemon squares and then I added about 1/3 cup of Biltmore's Raspberry Syrup to an 8oz tub of Cool Whip. Once the lemon bars were cooled, I topped them with the raspberry whippies and then drizzled a little bit more of the syrup on top.


Now, for my Easter decor I simply had a TON OF FUN! Is there anyway to exaggerate that any more? Once we were done coloring our eggs I put them in my Blue Ridge Pedestal Dish. Then I started adding accents and snapping away with my camera.


 Accompanied by my Vineyard Grape Basket and Courtyard Lanterns, this made my console table ready to welcome the Easter Bunny. Some spring flowers, candles and eggs just made this a joy for my eyes to gaze upon. It might just be me, but I love the colors and feelings that are associated with Spring and Easter.


 Now, for my own touch of creativity (which I am proud of because I hardly feel creative at all), I planned a surprise party for my mother's 60th birthday. As part of her gift I got her the Olmsted Oak dining set and the Acorns. I wrapped the boxes and hot-glued some colorful flowers on instead of using bows. My dad got her the Fleur de Lis Wine Chiller and I filled that with flowers and bottles of wine and cards that our family sent before the party. It was a lot of fun, especially since she had no idea. And of course, she loved the gifts!






No comments:

Post a Comment