Flower

Flower

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Chicken Broccoli Braid

Here's what you'll need:

* 2 cups cooked, chopped chicken breast
* 1/2 cream cheese (or mayo)
* 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
* 1 cup chopped broccoli
* 1/4 cup chopped onion
* 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
* 2 or 3 cloves of pressed garlic 
* 8oz shredded sharp cheddar cheese
* 2 pkgs dinner croissants 
* Sliced almonds
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place broccoli, onion, bell pepper, garlic and cream cheese in bowl and mix together. Roll out croissants onto baking sheet and press them together to make a rectangular shape. Place and layer all ingredients down the middle of rectangle. Slice 1 1/2 inch cuts down each side, about 2 inches apart. Pull once slice from each slide at a time, twist, and stick together. Do this all the way down the rectangle. Brush with an egg white and top with sliced almonds. Bake for approximately 25-28 minutes or until golden brown.




Slice, serve and enjoy! 
Now, if you're like me, I buy in bulk, so when I get home I separate my meat by the pound and chicken breasts into bags with usually 3 in each. Since there's three of us in this house right now that eat solid foods, I almost always have three frozen breasts. In this case, I cook my chicken in the crock pot in a broth with garlic. This makes the chicken very tender and easy to shred. I also had plenty of chicken left over from this recipe. So, with a little bit of Biltmore's Weston Wheeler BBQ sauce we were able to have "pulled chicken" sandwiches! As my son would say, "DEELISH!"

No comments:

Post a Comment