Flower

Flower

Friday, February 28, 2014

Reading Through My House

So throughout the years I have gathered a library full of books that I've always intended to read. Many of which I have, while others collected well-intentioned dust. Most of these books are Christian material of the non-fiction nature, but not all of them. So my new goal as I finish one book, is to start a new book (and finish) that is already owned by myself. Free e-books and publications don't help, but for now I will start with my printed papyrus publications. So here I go - I just finished The Holiness of God by R.C. Sproul. A wonderful read, and most convicting. And now I have chosen a book that I started a few years ago but probably only got through the first few pages before something new and shiny came along - An Absolute Sort of Certainty: the Holy Spirit and the Apologetics of Jonathan Edwards by Stephen Nichols. Okay, I may have gotten in over my head. Edwards was a very eloquent and wordy man. Maybe I should've started with Clifford the Big Red Dog. Aside from that, I have felt a current need to know my God more and more, and to KNOW His word more and more. The topic of apologetics has had a recent resurgence in my life, and sometimes I actually can tell when God is dropping hints! As for accountability, I shall keep you updated with my reading status. Yawn, I know, but it's more for me than it is for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment