Flower

Flower

Monday, February 25, 2013

Pink or Blue?

During our 20 week ultrasound, the tech let it slip as to what the baby's gender was, upon which Tom and I just looked at each other. You see, we wanted to wait until the birth to find out what we are having, since we have one of each right now. It's kind of a bummer, but at the same time now I get to plan a gender reveal party! And if you know me, hosting fun things that require food and creativity is my specialty! So in the end, I'm still having fun with knowing the gender.

These are the invites I mailed out, which I created using Microsoft Paint (I know, I wish I had Photoshop, but it's all I have to work with right now). I found some pictures online of owls (apparently cute little owls and birds are the "thing" right now). And then I simply touched them up in Paint and pasted them into a Word doc. I went to Hobby Lobby and got some card stock: grey, blue and pink. I printed the invites on the grey linen-side up, and then had Tom cut each of the blue & pink paper 1/4 inch larger than the preceding paper. I think they turned out really cute! These fit into a 5x7 envelope and they didn't cost any extra postage.

As soon as I can get to it, there will be many photos to come of the party! I should get to planning! Stuff like this gets me all excited. As you can imagine, making these invitations was quite the fun project for me!

1 comment: